Apollo Dry Suits: Does anyone own one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaker100

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I am a biologist who works and dives in the Northwest and is moving up to a dry suit. I have to dive for work and I tired of freezing all the time. I have gotten burned online dealers and am going through my local dealer from here on out. He seems to think that apollo is the way to go. Does anyone agree or disagree? I don't know much about there suits. I am looking at and back-zip (due to price)

Thanks, Matt

I don't know if it's "the way to go" for you, but I'm quite happy with my Apollo Edge. It's the "middle of the range" neoprene suit, back zip, neoprene seals, with cuff and ankle dumps. I ended up turning the ankle dumps off three or four dives in as I found that they tended to vent when I didn't want them to, but they were useful for getting me used to the drysuit without the fear of a feet first ascent.

I also took the custom fit option, and have not regretted it - the suit fits like a glove - in fact, it fits a lot better than my gloves!

I haven't owned any other drysuits so I have no frame of reference, but it keeps me warm and it hasn't event hinted at leaking, so it does the job as far as I'm concerned.

I dive an Apollo dry suit that I purchased from Craigslist. I like the suit and I have no leaks. The only issue for me is the valve. It is has 2 positions, auto and lock. It does not very well (if at all) in auto and I have to manually dump. Can be a be pain, especially if I am using a smb. It is a common camplaint with the suit. I am going to change out the valve soon with an adjustable Si Tech, or similar. Diving dry in the sound this time of year is the only way to go! Bob

Back
Top Bottom