Apollo biofins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello divers,

I bought Apollo biofins from Seattle Underwater World festival last summer and been using it ever since. They are amazing! Now I am looking for a pair of spring straps for the fins. I don't want something that is permanent, I want something that can be easily removal or change to different size of spring straps in case.

I have already looked at Manta, but exploring other options you may have. You may post or just send me a PM, that will be great.

Thank you!

I have the same and love them.
I lost one of them today so if anyone has one small bio fin that they want to sell, I'm listening. :(

Hey thanks! anyone else?

I used the Mantas for a while, but they are a drag. You have to improvise some way to keep them attached to the fin. Also they aren't as comfortable as you would want.

I got the C-straps that Apollo makes for the Bios for Christmas and I couldn't be happier. I was like you at first that I didn't want anything permanent...but ask yourself why??? The beauty of Spring straps is that they ARE permanent. You'll never need new straps because they'll never break. I'd really recommend the C-Straps because they attach solidly and the rubber heel piece is much more comfortable than any other spring straps I have seen. They're easy to install and they won't go anywhere. Plus the Bios have a reinforced section on the fin where the holes are drilled. It's a very elegant solution.

I would DEFINITELY avoid the EZ straps or anything that relies on plastic. That really defeats the purpose of spring straps. You want the C-straps :wink:

Nay:
I have the same and love them.
I lost one of them today so if anyone has one small bio fin that they want to sell, I'm listening. :(

I had the same thing happen to me. Give scubatoys a call, they'll order you a single fin at a very fair price.

TinoD'Voe:
I had the same thing happen to me. Give scubatoys a call, they'll order you a single fin at a very fair price.

Yea, I once had a customer tell me that their shop said they were not allowed to sell individual fins... rule from the manufacturer... And shops are having problems why??

So yes, we will sell one fin. And the price?? Uh... a pair divided by 2.

So just let me know if you lost the left one or the right one!:wink:

thanks all, now I have to decide which one I am going to get! :)

Hey there Scuba JW!

I have a pair of Apollos myself...

R U Creative ?

Try making a pair yourself > Really very easy!

Do a search on "do it yourself Spring straps "on ScubaBoard alot of good info/posts.

You can get everything you need to make a pair at hardware stores and online.

*The Apollo C-spring strap is excellent and will survive a nucular blast...
(well maybe not) **** it is a Permanant attachment strap.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom