Apollo Bio-Fin Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SKbatgirl

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey!

Could someone please let me know what the sizing is like for Apollo Bio-Fins.

I wear a women's size 9.5 - 10. I checked the company website and according to its size chart, I would wear a size Medium.

But, I want to know if they fit "big" or "small"...

I'm going to order them online, so I don't want to have to send them back if I get the wrong size!!

Thank you!

SKbatgirl:
Hey!

Could someone please let me know what the sizing is like for Apollo Bio-Fins.

I wear a women's size 9.5 - 10. I checked the company website and according to its size chart, I would wear a size Medium.

But, I want to know if they fit "big" or "small"...

I'm going to order them online, so I don't want to have to send them back if I get the wrong size!!

Thank you!

SKbatgirl: The Bio-fins fit "big". the foot pocket is oval shaped soft natural rubber. It depends on your boot and your foot size snd shape: wide/narrow etc.

The medium Bio-fins normally work with a mens size 8-9+ in a normal hardsoled 5-7mm boot. If you are wearing a dry suit boot the medium seems to be the best choice.

Most of our online dealers have good return/exchange policies. You might want to wait a day or two and see if you get any good response from other ladies on this board.

I'll chime in on my wife's behalf.... she is a size 9 and wears Medium Bio-Fins just fine with a Bare Trek boot as well as her 3mm booties.

Huh, that's strange! I wear size 9 boots, but my Apollo fins are large and I don't think they'd fit in medium.

Hm, you know ScubaToys has a great reputation, so even if they are the wrong size, you can always send it back and get a different size. It's not an issue with this company based on the random testimonials that people offer up on this company all the time. Just tell them ahead of time, and I'm sure they'll more than go out of their way. And this is coming from a person who's yet to purchase anything from them.

Have fun with those fins!!!!! I ADORE them.

I just got a pair of Bio Fin Pros in the LL size. I'm a size 12 1/2 and wear a size 13 neoprene boot. The only fins I've used are my Cressi Rondines. The Bio foot pocket is quite a bit different in comparison and my heel sticks out a lot more. With the Cressi my foot slips in rather deeply and much more of my heel is covered. I haven't used the Bio's yet and I only want to pack one set for Bonaire. I'm sure fins vary quite a bit in design and fit but I'd appreciate a comment from those who have used other brands before buying the Bio's.
Thanks alot.
Rex

RLarsen:
I just got a pair of Bio Fin Pros in the LL size. I'm a size 12 1/2 and wear a size 13 neoprene boot. The only fins I've used are my Cressi Rondines. The Bio foot pocket is quite a bit different in comparison and my heel sticks out a lot more. With the Cressi my foot slips in rather deeply and much more of my heel is covered. I haven't used the Bio's yet and I only want to pack one set for Bonaire. I'm sure fins vary quite a bit in design and fit but I'd appreciate a comment from those who have used other brands before buying the Bio's.
Thanks alot.
Rex

Rex: We get quite a bit of feedback from folks with size 12+ feet using hard soled boots and many of these folks say their bio-fins fit and work well. That being said the more of your foot in the foot pocket the better off you are, IMHO. If you have not used the bio-fins yet you may want to return them. Perhaps your local dealer or a dive buddy would let you try a pair of the LL/XL bio's so you could see for yourself if the bio,s will work for your foot size/boot combo.

Thanks mdb, I appreciate the help. I don't mean to be too picky about this but how much of my heel or the back of my foot sticking out is acceptable ? I was under the impression that LL was the largest size. It seemed to be the max size on the website.
I hate to send the fins back because I'm leaving tomorrow for Bonaire but I don't want a fit that doen't match the design of the foot pocket.
Thanks alot
Rex

RLarsen:
Thanks mdb, I appreciate the help. I don't mean to be too picky about this but how much of my heel or the back of my foot sticking out is acceptable ? I was under the impression that LL was the largest size. It seemed to be the max size on the website.
I hate to send the fins back because I'm leaving tomorrow for Bonaire but I don't want a fit that doen't match the design of the foot pocket.
Thanks alot
Rex

Rex: A couple of inches of your boot sole sticking out should not be any problem. If it is more than that you may want to take your other fins on this trip. The choice of boot makes a very big difference in fit. The bio-fin foot pocket is oval shaped and very soft rubber. Other designs use more of a horseshoe shape and stiffer materials. Sometimes these other fins are the best choice for bigger boots, such as DUI Rock boots, some drysuit boots etc. LL/XL is our largest size. You are not being picky at all. You just want the proper fit.

Without a specific bootie in mind, it's only possible to make very general statements.

I have a size 9.5 foot in size 9 Insta-Dry booties, and I wear a LL BioFin XT. Fits perfectly... not too tight, not too loose. Barely fits my size 11 USIA drysuit boots (integrated boots, not rock boots), however. It does fit, so I'm not about to buy another pair of fins, but it's definitely tight.

There is a HUGE variation in the same size foot depending on which bootie you're wearing. Only sure solution is to try the fins on with the booties you'll be wearing.

Thanks Michael, CompuDude.
Well, it's off to Bonaire Friday.
It will be my first trip there. I look foreward to the shore diving and using the Bio Fin technology.
Life is good.
Rex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom