Apocalypse Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All I know is the damn thing has been in the works for years now, and so far, I don't believe anyone has managed to actually wind up with a rebreather (even the people who paid $1000 to reserve one).

At least, that's the last I heard about it.

Vaporware.

Alex has taken a lot of money from people I know and not delievered anything of substance yet. Look at the "press releases" on his site as far back as you can and you'll see one excuse after another about this or that holding up full scale production but it should all be sorted out "next month".

Vaporware for sure:depressed:

If you're curious about it, go read the rebreatherworld forums. I'm not sure what the mods have and haven't removed, but there's more than you could possibly want to know there. But pretty much everything that's been said so far has been the case.

i think some were/are friends with the developer and/or hawkers.

this is only based on some rbw reading - i have no dog in this hunt & absolutely no actual knowledge.

why would the mids remove anything?

I think because every Apoc thread turns into a bitchfest. Dave Sutton (whom I like) is for, and Doug Williams (whom I also like) spits and twitches whenever Apoc is mentioned. Since it doesn't really exist, and probably never will, Curt shut down the Apoc threads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom