Apeks TX20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nagonoj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I'm a new diver and right now I'm shopping around for my first set of Regulators. I've found a set of used Apeks TX20 1st,2nd and octo all for US$200.- and it interest me because of its price range. I normally dive tropical warm water. I also dive Nitrox and plan to do tech in the future. should I go with it? I'm hoping to hear some good suggestions from you guys at SB. Thanks for reading.

Nagonoj

Depending on where you are and what the availability is, no. This is not a good price when you consider the online prices around. The T20 is old and the bottom of the line. The first stage is not even over balanced. Not to sound too negative, it will do well in the recreational ranges and the second stages can always be modified to a TX50 and you can change out the first stage. But my general opion is that this is not a good price for this reg especially being used.

Buy right the first time and you cry only once...
I'd recommend plunking down a few bucks more & go with a TX50 rig, you'll be happy with it yet for years down the road.
Sort of like the way I am with my 35+ yr old Cyklons. :wink:

Also might want to think about the warranty issue of buying used. I do agree with the price issue, buy the 50 and know what you are getting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom