Apeks ThermiQ 8/7 or other option?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr.337

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
First off i DO NOT want a dry suit i live in Texas and don't dive in super cold water mostly around here and Caribbean/Mexico. I currently have a 3mm Aqualung (can't remember model) but it is perfect for 95% of what i do and i haven't felt cold unless i hit some water in the 68F range (which was chilly for me after about 15mins at that depth in a 3mm no hood no gloves).

I'm looking at a 7mm and found the ThermiQ suit online. I'm looking for you guys input because i just recently got sidemount and wanted to get some extra protection for longer dives than what i think the 3mm will provide for me while i'm in a cave or thermocline in a lake here.

I FULLLLLLY understand i'm a sissy and will admit to hating the cold!!!! You folks up north are another breed of crazy diving in ice haha!

<<---ice diving. :D

Don't know squat about Apeks wetsuits, but the Bare ones get good reviews. I think it's the Velocity that's the men's version. I have a 7mm of the women's that I took down to the low 40s on the Great Lakes. Buddy loves his men's 7mm Bare. Nice and toasty.

First off i DO NOT want a dry suit i live in Texas and don't dive in super cold water mostly around here and Caribbean/Mexico. I currently have a 3mm Aqualung (can't remember model) but it is perfect for 95% of what i do and i haven't felt cold unless i hit some water in the 68F range (which was chilly for me after about 15mins at that depth in a 3mm no hood no gloves).

I'm looking at a 7mm and found the ThermiQ suit online. I'm looking for you guys input because i just recently got sidemount and wanted to get some extra protection for longer dives than what i think the 3mm will provide for me while i'm in a cave or thermocline in a lake here.

I FULLLLLLY understand i'm a sissy and will admit to hating the cold!!!! You folks up north are another breed of crazy diving in ice haha!
If it's not too late and may help...

If it's not too late and may help...

yes sir i watched that video which lead me to thinking about getting it in the first place. I did end up buying a 5mm Bare Velocity suit and it is more than warm enough for the diving i do and in the caves in mexico.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom