Apeks Tek 3 Regs????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bell47

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone using the Apeks Tek 3 regulators? I've been using XTX 200's for a while but the hose routing could be better( although I've never had an easier breathing reg). The tek 3's seem to have better hose routing and use the same second stages that I have been using(XTX-50 2nds). Opinions welcome.

My wife has a set of Tek 3, I dive it when I take my Zeagles for service. They are great regs and very good breathers. I only took them down to 100ft and even having them adjusted almost to the hardest setting - 1/4s off the - setting and having venturi on - I have no issues with how they breath. Some people say they are more expensive than the original DS4/XTX 50 but at the place we were getting them at it was the same price.

I do like how they route on doubles, the hoses are not bent as much as on my zeagles.

The coldest I ever had them was only 36F and they perfomed flawlessly, you might get a bit colder in the ocean over the winter ?

Overall we are very happy with them.

You might also want to consider DST with the 5th port + XTX 50 , they would route like MK25s. Or if you dive warmer than 40F you can also consider Mk25/G250V

The FST's also have good routing for doubles and leave a lot more room for your head than any of the others if that matters to you. The FSR's (XTX200) leave the least followed by the DS4's/TEC3's. The DST's with the fifth port route nice and leave room, but I just avoid turrets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom