Apeks tec3 gue hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi I’m a bit confused on how to do the hose routing. Some suggests the caps face outside and some advise caps facing inward. And which ports to use ? The ones in front or the ones in the back?

Hi I’m a bit confused on how to do the hose routing. Some suggests the caps face outside and some advise caps facing inward. And which ports to use ? The ones in front or the ones in the back?

caps in because the HP port needs to be on the outside
Use the ports farther away from the valve in order to minimize hose bending

These really are IMO a garbage regulator design for what they are marketed for and I tell everyone that asks about them to only bother with them for stage/deco bottles and not to even try to deal with them on twin sets. Your hoses are being bent in all sorts of directions and if you have short neck valves, with pretty tight bend radii

caps in because the HP port needs to be on the outside
Use the ports farther away from the valve in order to minimize hose bending

These really are IMO a garbage regulator design for what they are marketed for and I tell everyone that asks about them to only bother with them for stage/deco bottles and not to even try to deal with them on twin sets. Your hoses are being bent in all sorts of directions and if you have short neck valves, with pretty tight bend radii
Should have been withdrawn yrs ago.

Ok got it. Sorry guys…. Regulators are hard to come by lately. Due to pandemic it’s either the locals are diving or the shipments aren’t comming

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom