Apeks Regulator Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schu1842

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm shopping for a longer hose for my TX50. One on line supplier told me I just have to add a 1/2" adapter to the standard 7 ft. hose he was selling. I thought the Apeks hose (not just the fitting) was 1/2" and not 3/8". What should I be looking for - a standard hose with an adapter or is there a larger diameter hose that fits the Apeks?
Thanks for your help.

Which regulator/first stage do you have? The DS4 has only 3/8" ports whereas the DST, TX100, and ATX200 first stages have three 3/8" ports and one 1/2" port.

Either will work.. if you get the adapter, it will be slightly easier to get a replacement hose, but 1/2" hoses are not hard to find online.

Joel, over at www.techdivinglimited.com has 7 foot hoses in 1/2" and 3/8". What 1st stage do you use. If it's a DS4 you don't need 1/2", if it's the DST then you'll need the 1/2". The 1/2" fitting screws into the 1st stage. The regulator connection is the same on all models.

EDIT - Jonnythan types faster than me :)
Jason

I have a DST first stage with my TX50 for a single tank. The feedback I got was to put the bungeed backup on the 1/2" port with a 22" hose since that is the closest port and routes the cleanest, then use a standard 3/8" hose of whatever length (7'/5'/40") for the primary. If you need to carry a backup hose, the 22" long 1/2" hose also makes a smaller, lighter spare. Something to think about.

schu1842:
I'm shopping for a longer hose for my TX50. One on line supplier told me I just have to add a 1/2" adapter to the standard 7 ft. hose he was selling. I thought the Apeks hose (not just the fitting) was 1/2" and not 3/8". What should I be looking for - a standard hose with an adapter or is there a larger diameter hose that fits the Apeks?
Thanks for your help.

You will need a 1/2'' hose (the actual fitting is 1/2''), the hose's internal diameter is also bigger and supposedly helps with breathing. I am NOT convinced on this since I also have TX50's on DS4' and can not notice any difference in 'gas supply'. I think it was a marketing ploy...

But, You were informed right, if you have primary on 1/2'' port and backup on 3/8'', they route reversed on a DST. If you have backup on 1/2'' and primary on 3/8'', then you have the short backup hose in front of the primary. While it is no big deal in the grand schema of things, purists might want it cleaner. I would steer away from adapters and such, they only add more 'o-rings' to look after. Decide which config you want and then get the appropriate hose for it.

Hope this helps

Meng_Tze:
But, You were informed right, if you have primary on 1/2'' port and backup on 3/8'', they route reversed on a DST. If you have backup on 1/2'' and primary on 3/8'', then you have the short backup hose in front of the primary. While it is no big deal in the grand schema of things, purists might want it cleaner.
Thanks for verifying that, Meng!

Looking at my DST, another option for streamlining if you already had a long hose with the 1/2' fitting on one end would be to mount the DST upside down (with the environmental seal facing down) and swap the HP hose to the other side of the first stage. The HP hose would then be on top of the LP hoses on the swivel, and you'd theoretically lose some of the function of the swivel, but I don't think its all that useful anyway. That's where that second HP port might come in handy. YMMV.

Thanks for the help. I have the DST first stage so I'll be buying the 1/2" hose (either 5 or 7 foot). I want to be ready when our cold Ohio water warms up a little.

Back
Top Bottom