Apeks port problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaalblake

Contributor
Reaction score
I am an Apeks/USD tech.
I have just converted 2 Apeks (older) DST to 5th port option.
Need to blank off the non-standard 1/2" LP port as its not used (regs are for sidemount)
When I use a standard (SONAR) 1/2" blanking plug it fouls the centre of the turret (just) and stops rotation.
So obviously the port plug is (just) too long for the DST with the 5th port option (doesn't foul without 5th port).
Apeks don't even seem to have a 1/2" port plug listed as a part anymore - or if it they do I cant find it.
And now they are USD it seems impossible to talk technical detail within anyone :(

Has anyone run into this issue before with this port upgrade kit?
Any idea of a make/brand P/N for a 1/2" port plug that is slightly shorter and compatible with the 5th port conversion kit?
Cheers

1/2" ports were standard for a decade with European Scuba manufacturer. A belief (before ANSTI) that bigger ports improved airflow.

Apeks does a port set.

Port Plug Set

NESS has generic plugs
1/2" Port Plug -Standard

Maybe Mares has a plug that will work, they made several models with 1/2” primary hoses. Or an adapter with a smaller plug installed?
Interesting thought.
I just checked my spares kit and I have FIVE half-inch adaptors. Interestingly 4 of them have a thread that is 12mm long, which is the same length as most port plugs -and they foul the turret. One of them has a thread length of 9mm, which works perfectly.....the trouble is I have no idea what make it is, and no manufacturer or dive shop specifies the length of the thread on their adaptors cos no-one cares (except me). Does anyone know a make that has a short (9mm) thread length?

I am an Apeks/USD tech.
I have just converted 2 Apeks (older) DST to 5th port option.
Need to blank off the non-standard 1/2" LP port as its not used (regs are for sidemount)
When I use a standard (SONAR) 1/2" blanking plug it fouls the centre of the turret (just) and stops rotation.
So obviously the port plug is (just) too long for the DST with the 5th port option (doesn't foul without 5th port).
Apeks don't even seem to have a 1/2" port plug listed as a part anymore - or if it they do I cant find it.
And now they are USD it seems impossible to talk technical detail within anyone :(

Has anyone run into this issue before with this port upgrade kit?
Any idea of a make/brand P/N for a 1/2" port plug that is slightly shorter and compatible with the 5th port conversion kit?
Cheers
Part number AP1487.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom