apeks luna mini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anybody know if this light is a good back up light?
I got one about a year/60+ dives ago and couldn‘t be happier (once I got over the sticker shock - these aren‘t exactly cheap…). The light output is phenomenal, the dimming settings work well (I rarely use the 100%). The cone angle is a good compromise for most situations (although in zero viz for signaling narrower beams work better). It’s light and small for traveling and charges quickly. With dry gloves, a Goodman is not a bad idea. Purists might frown upon the electronics, but it has worked flawlessly for me. I have been using it as a primary, my tillytec mini uni and H Scout staying mostly in the dive bag (still good to have because I like having a battery option in case of power failures while traveling). Plus, they come in snazzy colors the fashion victims among us can color coordinate with their reels… So depending on your diving, this is an excellent upmarket choice.

Nothing is good at that price

Back
Top Bottom