Apeks KVR1 sizing query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GuyCScuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all,

I'm looking to invest in a new drysuit, and have had my eye on the Apeks KVR1 for a while.

I know this suit is designed to be a bit oversized on the inner layer, and due to that, what is the recommended protocol when considering sizes?

Normally I'd be an Xl, but my measurements (when wearing my undergarment) put me at the very top end of the range for the L/XL, and bang in the middle of the 2XL/3XL.

My measurements are: Height 5'11, Weight 225lbs, Chest 45", Waist 40", Hip 43", Inseam 33".

Do any of you have experience with this suit, and how baggy the underlayer is? If so, is it oversized enough that I can purchase the smaller of the two, or should I play it safe with the bigger.

Kind regards.

I’ve got a fair amount of experience with these suits, more so the Aqualungs but very similar. Looking at your measurements you are just on the edge of XL....it may work fine. I would consider the 2xl as that will give you lots of room for thick undergarments and lots of flexibility. If you’re able, try them both on, with undergarment . Just to show you the wide range of fit......my wife wears an xl, she’s 5’3” and 140 lbs.......a buddy also wears an xl, he’s 6’ and 200 lbs. They are a fantastic suit.

I’m 6’2” 200 lbs and the 2xl fits perfect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom