Apeks DST and XTX DST for doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

albertinnyc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I currently dive an XTX DST and XTX50 on AL3 singles and have been quite pleased. I just got a set of doubles and am looking to get another DST first stage.

In an ideal world I would buy two new first stages and keep the one I have dedicated for singles. Unfortunately I must be a little more conservative at this juncture.

I noticed there are two DST first stages -- XTX model (with four 3/8" MP ports) and a standard DST (one 1/2" and three 3/8" MP ports). The model I have today is the XTX.

Would there be a disadvantage to mounting the XTX DST to one post, and a DST to the other? Would this create any hose routing issues? Is there any benefit to having the 1/2" MP port?

Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated!!

(EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention, DIR configuration)

cheers,
Albert

If you can swing it look at the tek 3's, also by Apeks.

If I wanted to use Apeks regs to set up a set of doubles at the moment I'd go with the new DST with the 5th port, or have my old DST's upgraded with a 5th port.

Apeks Products

The hoses rout a lot better than any of the other Apeks regs I'v used or seen, including the tec 3.

Unless it's really cheap, stay away from the 1/2" prefered port. There is a reason that Apeks gave up on them.

PS. With the TX, ATX, XTX series of regs, the main differences are in the 2nd stages not the 1st. The ATX 2nd is a little smaller than the TX. An XTX 2nd is an ATX with some cosmetic differences, can be rigged to mount over the left or right shoulder & the exhaust "T" is changeable from short to long.

Last edited:
If I wanted to use Apeks regs to set up a set of doubles at the moment I'd go with the new DST with the 5th port, or have my old DST's upgraded with a 5th port.

Or just go with scubapro Mk25.

Looks like Apeks got smart with the new DST. The hose routing for my DS4s suck. Looks like the new DST would work great, just like the Mk25s.

im not a fan of the swivel port on the dst mostly on a dir rig . Tends to have the hoses float all over the place i have used ds4's in the and past but xtx200 first stages work the best for back gas if you want to stay with apeks

Personaly i rather dive mk25 or atomics for back gas hose routing is much better and pistons breath better anyways

im not a fan of the swivel port on the dst mostly on a dir rig . Tends to have the hoses float all over the place i have used ds4's in the and past but xtx200 first stages work the best for back gas if you want to stay with apeks

Personaly i rather dive mk25 or atomics for back gas hose routing is much better and pistons breath better anyways

Lowrider, did you look at the link in Kern's post?

Apeks Products

The hoses rout a lot better than any of the other Apeks regs I'v used or seen, including the tec 3.

IMG_4158_web.jpg
IMG_4161_web.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom