Apeks Drysuit dump valve - Anti friction washer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustinLoos1985

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know where I can buy the white/clear anti friction washer for an Apeks low profile dump valve? I was leaking threw my exhaust valve and thus disassembled it. The result was a torn antifriction washer.

image.jpg

Do people recommend gluing the black seal to the drysuit?

You might find an anti friction ring on top of a tub of margarine or similar. You may have to modify the shape some. I don't think there should be any reason to use glue or sealant although there may be some textured material that would need it.

It actually is a sitech washer. Which are extremely challenging to find in the USA. I can find tons in the UK.

It actually is a sitech washer. Which are extremely challenging to find in the USA. I can find tons in the UK.
That was why I gave the response I did. Sometimes it is quicker to make a non-critical item with what you have on hand.

That was why I gave the response I did. Sometimes it is quicker to make a non-critical item with what you have on hand.

thank you, much appreciated.

It is indeed a Sitech anti friction washer that can be used with any inflator.

Scubadelphia (Dive Seekers) has them if anyone needs them in the future.

I’ve seen a few suits that didn’t have the anti-friction washer. When needed I cut one with scissors out of a liquid laundry detergent bottle - thicker than a margarine tub. Doesn’t have to be anything fancy as long as it keeps the suit from twisting while the valve is tightened. The thick black ring, sometimes called a docking ring is usually glued with contact cement to the outside of the suit. This is just my experience after working on various DUI, Hollis aqualung and scuba pro suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom