Apeks Deluxe Webbed One Piece Harness - Retainers Purpose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CharlieW.112

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have recently bought a kit containing the Apeks deluxe webbed one piece harness, while following the assembly instructions it tell you that you should install these little elastic retainer loops, however, I do not see why they would ever be needed or used as they are only slightly below the shoulder d-rings, I do not see a situation where there would be any slack webbing here and am just confused on their purpose.

clip flashlight to shoulder dring then stuff it in elastic retainer so it doesnt dangle

clip flashlight to shoulder dring then stuff it in elastic retainer so it doesnt dangle
Ahhhh, so it is there to tidy extra kit and doesn't actually matter to the harness?

And when those little elastic retainer loops die, you can just cut pieces of bicycle tube to replace them. I'd use MTB tube myself; road bike tubes are a bit on the narrow side.

Or, you can just cut a piece of bungee and make a ring, serving the same purpose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom