Apeks Console 3 Gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chancegrayl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,
i am new to the forum and have a question and am going to appoligize in advanced for the long and incoherent question. Me and my dive buddy purchased an Apeks Dive Console 3 Gauge. The one with Pressure, Depth and a Compass like the one attached in the picture about 3 months apart and we both are having the same issue. When we dive our max depth pressure needle ( the red one) never reads right. we dove in a group of four and I have a Suunto Vyper Novo and two of the other three had different gauges. MY Suunto and the other two guys gauges said we dove to a max depth of 34 feet. However mine and my dive partners Apeks consoles both said max depths of 75 and 82 feet max depth. I know we didnt go that deep as you can tell and see a big difference between 34 and 80 feet. Is there any way to tighten or prevent the needle from floating and giving improper readings?

Attachments

• dive guage.jpg
    dive guage.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 210
are you resetting to zero between dives? are both needles hitting the same max depth during the dive?

Yes we zero between the dive, No they are both getting different max depths. He was deeper then me and got 75 and i got 82. My zuuno computer read 34 and both the other guys clusters agreed with my zuuno. I feel like our needels are free flowing

if you bought it from a dive shop, can ask them to pressure pot test. it would be very rare that both are failed. can you pop the depth gauge out of the boot and post some pics?

thanks ill take it to the dive shop, just wasnt sure if there was a way i can tighten it myself. now that i have taken them both out they both have a rattle inside them

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the 2 gauge console and have the same problem. Apeks says they've never heard of it before, but it's pretty common. Last summer, I spoke with one of the administrators at Boy Scout's Sea Base in Florida where they have about 200 of these consoles, and they report about 75% exhibiting this behavior.

I was on a dive with someone this weekend with the same console. We dove to 63 feet. My Apeks depth gauge displayed a max of 118 feet and hers displayed a max of 120 feet. Both gauges read 63 at the bottom on the "active" needle. Anyone from Apeks here?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom