Apeks Black Pearl - Permanent DIN to YOKE Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FX175

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all,

I own a Apeks Black Pearl ATX200 that came factory fitted as a DIN.

I've been using the screw-on Yoke converter by Apeks so far but I've found that it really adds "bulk" to the 1st stage which causes it to protrude far out enough that I keep bumping my head against it. :crazyeye:

I'll be having my regular service coming up and was thinking if it's possible to "permanently" convert the DIN fitting to a Yoke.

Appreciate if anyone could share any comments/feedback on the pros/cons of doing this "permanent" change.
Also, I've tried looking around the dive shops at my area but unable to find anyone selling just the Yoke clamp.

For everyone's info, I'm based in Malaysia so will be doing most of my diving here and around SE Asia where I understand that the Yoke clamp is predominant.

Thanks in advance.

If you predominantly use yoke them make the switch, I don't like using adapters either for the same reason you stated, currently have all my Apeks using native yoke. You should be able to order the native yoke fitting from an Apeks dealer but imagine it will be costly, it's very easy to change over takes about 3 minutes. Good luck hopefully Mr Apeks will chime in as to availability.

We are checking with our Malaysian distributor to see if they have a yoke assembly in stock and in which finishes. I'll get back to you with an answer as soon as I hear.

If you predominantly use yoke them make the switch, I don't like using adapters either for the same reason you stated, currently have all my Apeks using native yoke. You should be able to order the native yoke fitting from an Apeks dealer but imagine it will be costly, it's very easy to change over takes about 3 minutes. Good luck hopefully Mr Apeks will chime in as to availability.
Noted, thanks for your feedback.

We are checking with our Malaysian distributor to see if they have a yoke assembly in stock and in which finishes. I'll get back to you with an answer as soon as I hear.
Oh cool! Thanks so much ... looking forward to hearing some good news! :)

I also hate din to yoke converter for the same reason as you. If you find your converter is attached 100% of the time, it is a no brainer. Having yoke doesn't really have any drawback for single tank setup. You can always rent yoke tank too.

FX175,
Yokes (A clamps) with the Black Pearl PVD coatings are no longer available. They are available with the Tungsten PVD finish (lighter), bright chrome and satin chrome. Our Malaysian Distributor has an order departing Apeks in the next couple of days. He can secure whatever you choose. Please contact him directly. I will PM you with his contact info.

FX175,
Yokes (A clamps) with the Black Pearl PVD coatings are no longer available. They are available with the Tungsten PVD finish (lighter), bright chrome and satin chrome. Our Malaysian Distributor has an order departing Apeks in the next couple of days. He can secure whatever you choose. Please contact him directly. I will PM you with his contact info.
Hi there, I have the same problem as the one described above and would like to buy a permanent solution to change my Apeks XTX200 DIN first stage to a yoke. I live in Indonesia. Appreciate any recommendations!

Thanks and best,
Emilie

I on the other hand, have an unused A clamp XTX200 black pearl and would like to change to DIN. Problem is I live in the Philippines. Shipping via EMS is a gamble and using other carriers like UPS or DHL would be the same price as a new converter.

Oops sorry, It is a black Sapphire. I have not come around diving it as I would like to convert it to DIN first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom