Apartment for rent in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dir-sussex

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
My wife & I have a time-share in the Morritts Tortuga Seaside resort in Grand Cayman's East End which is available to rent for two weeks per year at a very reasonable rate (just to cover the annual maintenance fees).

See: www morritts com /Page04_Tortuga_Seaside

As we now have a perfect small motorhome we want to spend more of our vacations exploring the huge range of countries and dive locations across Great Britain and Europe.

The apartment is a lovely one bedroom unit with sea-view, that sleeps up to four persons and is fully fitted out for self catering, or you can eat in the resort, at the local bar or nearby restaurants.

We have dived in GC since 2003, originally with single cylinder air and Nitrox diving, to more recent trips, and in 2008 with our Megalodon rebreathers. We particularly like GC because of the relaxed atmosphere and absence of crime and associated issues which affect some of the other Caribbean islands.

Apart from the very good dive centre located at the resort, there are many other dive centres across GC, including a few dive centres that can support technical mixed-gas and rebreather divers, such as Dive Tech at Cobalt Coast and (I believe) Ocean Frontiers who are near the resort at East End. The other place we go to for diving is with a British resident of GC called Duncan Heard based at Stingray Watersports, which is near Dive-Tech. Duncan is an Inspiration rebreather and Trimix instructor with supplies of Air, TriMix, O2 and sofnolime.

Apart from boat diving there are also several locations where you can also shore dive and still get easily to the wall drop-off and choose your own depth.

Anyone interested in renting (such as when it’s available, as dates are flexible) or for further information please PM me.

PS. a good tip for anyone from the UK wanting to go, BA still fly direct from Heathrow to GC, so removes the four hour delay in Miami with US customs and changing aircraft. Also the BA baggage allowance is still one of the best in the business and easily caters for all our dive kit, including rebreathers and camera equipment!

Regards, Tony & Linda

Please reply with date and rate. It looks like something my wife and I are looking for. Just the two of us responsible middle-aged adults <g>

I just read your post on GC. Me and my wife might be going in May. Would you have dates ava- for then and what would the price be for 7 days. thanks
Dennis

Booking the weeks is not a problem, they are flexible, as long as it doesn't coincide with one of the American national holidays (as a Brit I'm not sure of all the US holiday dates), because these weeks tend to get booked at least a year in advance.

Assuming that there is availability for the week(s), given sufficient notice, based upon the 2010 maintenance fees, the cost would be around US$999 per week (or £622 pounds sterling).

Hopefully the costs won't go up too much when the 2011 fees are announced in December. This costs covers our annual maintenance and only works out at under US$250 per person per week, which is about half the cost you would pay if you rented this apartment via one of the time share rental agencies.

To confirm this I checked some time-share rental web-sites, and a studio apartment (which only sleeps 2) in the same Morritts Seaside is being advertised for US$1,4000 per week! So our 1 bedroom (sleeps 4) would usually rent at a much higher rate.

Please let me know if you want to proceed with this and what dates you require so that I can check with the resort bookings department for availability.

The best and simplest way to secure it would be to pay me via a personal payment to my PayPal account dir-sussex, which I use for some eBay purchases and sales.

Kind Regards,

Tony

Our weeks at Morritts are flexible not fixed, so as long as we have sufficient notice we can choose the booking dates.

I believe that there should be availability in May and at other times in the year,.

The price is as stated, above although I might be a bit more flexible on the cost for a booking this year, and especially for a two week booking.

Please let me know what dates you want and I'll confirm with the resort to ensure I can fulfill them.

Regards, Tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom