Apaks XTX or XL4 plus? What would you buy?

Which should I get?

• XTX50 set

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • XL4 plus Set

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking to get some new regs.
Working in diving so use them every day.

I really like the XL4 plus
But really is it worth it?

Should I just stop messing and buy a
XTX set?

I know the XL4 need different tools to service. But is it much more messing?

Any thoughts?

Are you going to just travel, or just occasionally travel? MTX-RC is also one possible chose. XTX50 is the standard chose, easy to service and to get parts.

Both will do whatever you want for any of the diving anyone basically needs.

I'd go for the xtx just in case I might want to use it for sidemount or as a stage regulator.
The factory cracking pressure on the xl4 is usually also set pretty ****(as with alot of regs), so unless you're gonna tinker on your reg the first day you get it, I'd go for the xtx50.

I feel like the danger with these tiny second stages is always that they look so comfortable and pretty fun.
This almost made me buy the aqualung Mikron or Apeks flight. But is it really worth the money to be buying a 'gadget regulator'?

The Xtx50 is somewhat of a gold standard for modern regulators in my opinion, so it's a safe choice. The XL4 is somewhat unproven.

edit*: Unproven might be a bit severe since it's a ds4 first stage which is super reliable, but what I mean is that it's not as proven or popular as the xtx50. I'm sure it'll do 99.9% of any diving you'd ever need to do.

XL4(+) are very light and confortable. I really enjoy my set and they look and work good! I compared to the XTX of friends and did not notice a lot of breathing difference underwater excepte that the top of the line XTX models have more adjustment levers available.

XTX with fifth port, if you're using BM doubles.

I have an xl4 set and have bailed out from 200ft on it. Breaths very well my only issue is the exhaust tee attachment is very weak. I have lost it before

Back
Top Bottom