Anything to do in Manchester

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbone1004

Mr Speed Nuts
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So I am stuck in Manchester for the next 5 weeks. I have been shocked at the cost of train tickets to the London area to see some friends and family, and same with the cost to get up to Scotland, so what on earth is there to do in Manchester? I'm specifically in Hyde, and sans car, but availability of Uber means I can get around.

Anyone in this neck of the woods want to grab a pint at some point, or anyone have any recommendations on things to do over the weekends?

I had the same problem, but only for a week in Alderly Park. On a lark, I hired a cab and asked for a driving tour. Tell me all about this place, take as long as you like. (fare was on the company) He was all about that. I hopped in and he asked: "You driving, mate?" and tossed me the keys. We both had a good laugh over that.

Don't miss Moss Side, -just stay in the cab...

Go to a public park and proclaim your love of Liverpool, loudly. You will be entertained for as long as you stay.

On the serious side, go watch a football match, visit the Rylands library and go to every pub close to you.

Not far away Leeds Royal Armory, a day to Scarborough (castle, beach) and a trip to York. Also look at easy jet for cheap flights.. Cheaper than train last time i was there.

1. Liverpool if you like Beatles.
2. Bus is pretty cheap(book ahead) and comfortable. Company to look for: National Express and Megabus.
Examples(National Express):
Manchester to Edinburgh single is less than a tenner.
Manchester to London Victoria only cost a fiver!!

3. Day trip to York.

He will get his head kick in in no time at all!!!!!

actually saw a drunk do something similar Sunday night. Was quite hilarious!

@lowviz went to the Brewery Saturday. Was quite cool! Not something I'd say is worth coming to Manchester for, but if you're in the city, it's worth doing

So I am stuck in Manchester for the next 5 weeks. I have been shocked at the cost of train tickets to the London area to see some friends and family, and same with the cost to get up to Scotland, so what on earth is there to do in Manchester? I'm specifically in Hyde, and sans car, but availability of Uber means I can get around.

Anyone in this neck of the woods want to grab a pint at some point, or anyone have any recommendations on things to do over the weekends?
Train tickets are variable in price. Book a few days ahead and travel off peak and it is much cheaper. See trainline.com.

Hire a car and have a drive round the northwest. Lots of industrial history to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom