Anyone with experience on Tecline Peanut 16?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kai·

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,

I am a vacation diver from China and usually dive in South East Asia in warm waters and looking for a lightweight/travel BP/W. My dealer introduced me Tecline Peanut 16 (16kg/35lbs), which is only 2.8 kg with alu "H" shape back plate at affordable price.

I try to google it but find very few reviews about this BP/W. Anyone has experience about Tecline Peanut or negatives I should be aware before I buy it? I am OK with the asymmetric design and currently only consider single tank. Thanks a ton!

efee762855ef.png

I have no experience with the peanut but know several divers that dive with Tecline backplates and wings and are happy with them.

The only concern I would have about the peanut is if they chose to save weight by sewing the shell of the wing completely shut...none of the pictures/videos I have looked at depict a zipper. No zipper means that you will have a helluva time dealing with repairs or replacement of the bladder should you need to in the future.

I think the whole asymetric design is just a design choice and marketing to set their product apart from the other wings on the market with similar lift capacity...I have never experienced a problem with other single tank wings venting air or causing problems with head space when inflated....there is nothing inherently bad about their design but in my opinion is not really anything to spend more money on.

It looks to be a lightweight system. It would be a no-go for me without a zipper, but if you don't care about that sort of thing then go for it.

-Z

The only concern I would have about the peanut is if they chose to save weight by sewing the shell of the wing completely shut...none of the pictures/videos I have looked at depict a zipper. No zipper means that you will have a helluva time dealing with repairs or replacement of the bladder should you need to in the future.

I own a peanut 16 but have yet to use it. There is a zipper hidden in the 3d moulding where the single tank sits. Very well hidden.

Build quality wise I have to say it is very robust, the cordura 1000d material they use just feels like it can take a beating. Honestly would not even think about going Kevlar unless you're into some pretty hardcore cave/wreck diving.

I own a peanut 16 but have yet to use it. There is a zipper hidden in the 3d moulding where the single tank sits. Very well hidden.

Build quality wise I have to say it is very robust, the cordura 1000d material they use just feels like it can take a beating. Honestly would not even think about going Kevlar unless you're into some pretty hardcore cave/wreck diving.

Hi JulesSs, I just wondered if you've had the chance to use this yet. Do you like it? Which model/harness/backplate do you have? Thanks! Jane

Hi JulesSs, I just wondered if you've had the chance to use this yet. Do you like it? Which model/harness/backplate do you have? Thanks! Jane
Hi. Yes it's my only backplate and wing setup on singles. I've been using it for over a year and Abit. No complaints at all and it's still going strong now.

Back
Top Bottom