Anyone with Arctic Diving Experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I may have the opportunity to move to NWT or Nunavut in the near future and if I do I really want to get myself into the ocean. I can't be more specific with where in neither territory because I don't know yet, although Tukoyaktuk looks like the only "easy" ocean access in NWT anyway. Is there anybody on here with experience diving in these waters that could share some knowledge with me or point me in the direction of someone who knows something? I'm not looking for information on how to dive up there but rather how extreme are the logistics and is it worth it? E.x., will I be able to do some shore diving during the summer months in what appear to be incredibly shallow seas (well within my capabilities) or is that just a waste of time and getting anything decent will require sledding over the ice for two days in -20 and cutting a hole in the ice (not so much...yet)? If my plans start to firm up and it looks like I might go I'll probably reach out to an expedition company like Arctic Kingdom, but one of their expeditions is definitely out of my price range and not really what I'm looking for since I'd be living up there.

Here, these folks have experience. At one point they were also diving in the Arctic Ocean. You’d have to scroll down a bit to find those posts.

**** I Found Diving In YK

B91EAAF3-752A-4B78-858E-9347C58E16F5.png

Thanks. I had found them before but thought they just did inland diving. Ulu is pretty far out there!

It would be a unique opportunity to camp above a wreck for the day assuming gps coordinates were available.
Set up a tent and woodstove...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom