Anyone with a scubapro catalog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poseidon8118:
MSRP R390 Octo $188 USD

Anything else?

No, thanks for the info, I just wanted to know where my LDS is going to start his prices so I can haggle.

Here to swimmin with bowlegged women!!!!!

Poseidon8118:
$125.00 at LP on the net. Try to get in the middle of $125-$188 USD from the LDS.
I was considering lp because I know I will save 10% max at my LDS. I am just afraid of rebuild time when I get raped because it is not a registered product. Actually, my main regs are from leisure pro, so whats the difference I guess.

oversea:
I was considering lp because I know I will save 10% max at my LDS. I am just afraid of rebuild time when I get raped because it is not a registered product. Actually, my main regs are from leisure pro, so whats the difference I guess.

My reg's were bought thru the "official" channel, and my R390 Octo from Leisurepro. When I took it in for service (to an auth. dealer), the only difference was that I had to pay for parts for the R390

SP dealers can discount 10% so $169 will be as low as he can go on a purely cash transaction without violating the dealer agreement.

*BUT* the dealer agreement does not cover other incentives. So he could throw you a really discounted price on a non-SP item to go with it, or could do something like throw in a free air card, or maybe give you a large discount on servicing your whole regulator. He could even give you a trade-in allowance on something.

So even with the restrictive SP dealer agreemnt there is usually a way to match or beat an on-line price for an item if you are flexible and the dealer is willing.

DA Aquamaster:
SP dealers can discount 10% so $169 will be as low as he can go on a purely cash transaction without violating the dealer agreement.

*BUT* the dealer agreement does not cover other incentives. So he could throw you a really discounted price on a non-SP item to go with it, or could do something like throw in a free air card, or maybe give you a large discount on servicing your whole regulator. He could even give you a trade-in allowance on something.

So even with the restrictive SP dealer agreemnt there is usually a way to match or beat an on-line price for an item if you are flexible and the dealer is willing.

Well here is my new problem. I went to my LDS to order an OMS part and ask about pricing on some regs. Somewhere on the net I found out I can buy an s600 without the first stage to act as my backup/octo instead of the r390 (s600/mk25 is what I am currently using). It's pricey, in the area of 350 bucks, nice reg but don't know if I want to spend that much.

oversea:
Can anyone tell me what the r390 2nd octopus retails for as listed in their catalog. I don't have a copy.

Thanks

$188.00 In 2005 Catalog

Your SP dealer can also order it separately, but it will take a week to 10 days to arrive. I don't have a price list handy but based on an adjustment to last years price list, it should have an MSRP around $345. And again the SP dealer can cut 10% off that getting it down around $310 and still have plenty of room to throw you some other type of incentive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom