Anyone want to go to falling rock this weekend or next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jerrod

Registered
Reaction score
I am a new diver and want to get some practice in before my trip to Dale Hollow in mid August.

Anyone want to go to Lagrange this weekend 7/21-7/22 or next weekend 7/28-29 for four or five dives?

Thanks,

Jerrod

---------- Post Merged on July 18th, 2012 at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was on July 17th, 2012 at 10:06 PM ----------

Well I called Louisville dive center and they have been gracious enough to let me tag along to one of their checkouts.Saturday I would like to dive more, so if anyone wants to dive after, to sweeten the deal I'll pay for your quarry entrance fee. I know no one wants to dive with a beginner.Pm me if interested.

I am a new diver and want to get some practice in before my trip to Dale Hollow in mid August.

Anyone want to go to Lagrange this weekend 7/21-7/22 or next weekend 7/28-29 for four or five dives?

Thanks,

Jerrod

---------- Post Merged on July 18th, 2012 at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was on July 17th, 2012 at 10:06 PM ----------

Well I called Louisville dive center and they have been gracious enough to let me tag along to one of their checkouts.Saturday I would like to dive more, so if anyone wants to dive after, to sweeten the deal I'll pay for your quarry entrance fee. I know no one wants to dive with a beginner.Pm me if interested.

I don't think being a beginner is half your battle. To get someone to dive Falling Rock period is 90% of the battle. Good luck.

I don't think being a beginner is half your battle. To get someone to dive Falling Rock period is 90% of the battle. Good luck.

Your probably right. Since they have banned alcohol, though, there is no body out there which is nice. I noticed the week before they banned alcohol, visibility was 3 feet, now after two weeks it's about 8-10 feet.

I guess we at least have one option nearby which is better than most people.

The Dale Hollow trip is also with Louisville Dive Center, so I will be with professionals, and it will be a fun dive. These four dives will be me watching a group of divers getting certified. Hopefully NAUI has at least one "fun" dive for their certification and I get some good time under water. My main goal is really to build confidence and work on my basic skills.

Offer still stands to anyone with some experience.

I didn't even think about inviting you to Pennyroyal this weekend. There are several of us going and you would be welcome. BTW, there is also a Facebook page for the KPP.

Would'nt you know it just after I gave up all hope and moved away, Joe cleans up the place and makes it hospitable for divers again. I might actually miss that place...

Would'nt you know it just after I gave up all hope and moved away, Joe cleans up the place and makes it hospitable for divers again. I might actually miss that place...

Who said he cleaned it up and made it hospitable to divers? ...lol So are you still in the same state after the move?

crpntr33,

Thanks for the invite. It turns out the instructor has agreed to do several dives with me after he does his training with the class, so I should be able to get some real good dives in this weekend.

I'll post a report on the place tomorrow. From the people I talked to last time, they said it was way nicer now that the place has been cleaned up.

Check out this link from whas11 (NOTE: I am the diver on the right :) Once popular Oldham Co. quarry has dried up with alcohol ban | WHAS11.com Louisville

Temp to first thermo: 86
Temp at 20 ft: 76
Visibility from surface: 20 ft (could clearly see boat and platforms)
Visibility at 20 ft: 15-25 ft
About 30 people total at park at 4pm.
I got three 35 min dives in.

---------- Post Merged on July 22nd, 2012 at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous Post was on July 21st, 2012 at 05:51 PM ----------

Same conditions today, the only difference is there was even less swimmers. There was a guy out there solo diving.

I got in 2 more dives, for a total of five this weekend.

I can't wait to go to pennyroyal.

Jerrod, my son and I usually go to Pennyroyal 3-4 times over the summer. We stay in the shallows and just have fun. Sure wouldn't mind to meet up with you there...and I am sure most others on here wouldn't mind either.

Back
Top Bottom