Anyone using UEi CO71A Carbon Monoxide analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you connect that to a tank for easy analysis?

I was planning to use @DandyDon 's 1-gal ziplock bag method.
That works ok. Crack valve first, then place bag over. I sent my first unit overboard by having the bag over when I opened. You will suck some ambient air in which could give a reading if the air is tainted, like around running boats or close to street. It’ll still keep you from diving dangerous tanks. Take a new bag every day as they develop leaks.

Also looking at monOx
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725NRBQ...olid=23Y0FLNBI780T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Looks like you put in front of stream of air just like Nitrox tester
Is that new? I don't remember it, but at my age who trusts my memory.

Yeah, that should be great, made by the same company as cootwo Dual-gas O2 and CO analyzer and datalogger, which is outstanding from my experiences. For $70 more you could get the model that tests for both at the same time, but it would also cost more in bi-annual maintenance. If you never dive Nitrox and aren't concerned about accidentally receiving a Nitrox tank for a deep dive, it'll be great. You can recharge it by connecting to your laptop or if you don't carry one, buy a cheap Basis Cellphone charger on ebay.

I just started looking so don't know if it's new. I already had a Nitrox tester so will just stick with CO. I tend to not dive deep anyway. BTW, I'm in Central Texas but went to school out in Lubbock. ;-}

Nominally about the same price as the Sensorcon analyzer, but I have a 20% off coupon for this model. Advertised at +/- 3% accuracy. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MMFAAQ/
Back to the original question, you need to review the manual to see how accurate it is in the 0 to 20 ppm range, and how long it takes. I have not done that work, as the buyer needs to do it him/herself.

On diff topic, looks like my ScubaBoard Supported expired. I thought it was automatically renewed? Repaid anyway.

Back
Top Bottom