Anyone using the 490 grain Pinnacle Tecline Undergarment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm interested in this undergarment for coldwater diving in Northeast Washington. I only found one person mention it on SB, and very little anywhere else.

Anyone familiar with it? If so, did you find it too restrictive/bulky?

Any particular pro's con's?

Ted

Nice undergarment, but it relies on Loft to keep you warm. Alot of people are moving away from loft with all the new fleeces on the market. With loft, you need more air in the suit. That air expands all the loft and really keeps you toasty! With the new fleeces, you can get similar warmth with less, and a tighter fit with the stretch.

The Tecline has a mix of both fleece and loft, so it's a good middle ground. It is definitely more bulky than a fleece alternative, but it's also cheaper.

I don't think you can go wrong with it other than a little in mobility, and for the price it's a steal. If you are wondering about a fleece alternative, look at the 4th Element Arctic Expedition.....but you will pay a little more for it. To me, it's worth it. I wear mine snowmobiling...I wouldn't think of layering a Pinnacle for dual purpose. BTW, I have dove the Tecline on about 14 dives, so feel free to ask some questions :wink:

I like it, bulkier than a like but 80 minutes in 39 degres water no problems. For the money cant beat it

I use it too. Need 2.5kg more weight than with my other undersuit. But it is much warmer. Price is ok.

Old post. But always great to share experience. I have used a Halo 3D and a Tecline 490 in the southern Norway winter time for several seasons. The Tecline is without doubt the warmest one. As said here it is more bulkier, i need 3kg more weight compared to the Halo 3D. But sure keeps me warm. Perhaps Sant BZ400 is about as warm but twice as expensive. I will dive Tecline 390 gladly and i do recommend it. Need a large drysuit though!

Regards
Oddemann

Back
Top Bottom