Anyone using SCUDA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DomRep Diving

Contributor
Reaction score
Is any of you usiing SCUDA (Self Contained Underwater Drinking Apparatus) ?
I thought that for some long dives with deco it might be helpful... even in some warm days....
Any suggestions?

I have thought about trying this out. I do get some bad dry mouth sometimes while scuba diving, but I think its because I am not drinking enough.

It gets soo bad that sometimes I almost gag and dont wanna swallow at all, but othertimes its not even noticeable.

I try to dive with the least amount of equipment to simplify things. Its bad enough I shoot underwater video so adding something else to mess around with doesnt appeal right now.

If you try it out though, let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jason

i tried it years ago (I knew the guy that invented it). It worked ok but the biggest problem I had with it was that the liquid got soup warm in no time. Of course it was in the Keys in summer, obviously wouldn't be a problem in cooler water.

I would think it might work fine for recreational diving but if you're doing deco you don't want the additional failure point created by the tubing entering the mouthpiece.

WW

If you're using a Scuda, try to avoid using the full bodied products from Microbreweries. They have a tendency to foam on ascent & you'll need to vent the thing of excess pressure.
Needless to say, the bland "brand name" pilsners have less of a problem with that.
:wink:

I have used the scuda water device for years.
Where can I purchase a new unit?

never even heard of it...

I was Thinking about this the other day seriously. I have a Camel back from my Snowboarding days. And I realized that it's pretty much a "Sealed Unit" with a Bite valve. So I was thinking about doing a pool dive with it filled with food colored water to see it it leaks under pressure. And if it works........Underwater Hydration lol

Sound Doable? anyone done that?

Back
Top Bottom