anyone used travelnotes.cc to book hotel? CARIBE BLUE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d56nut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

Getting ready to book our hotel room at Caribe Blue. Has anyone ever used www.travelnotes.cc to book their hotel room? They seem to have a great price. I only found their website after Hurricane Wilma hit because they had good info on hotel openings.

If anyone has any info on whether they are good to use for booking rooms please post it!

Or, if you've stayed at Caribe Blue, who did you book through?

Thanks!
Michelle

d56nut:
If anyone has any info on whether they are good to use for booking rooms please post it!

Or, if you've stayed at Caribe Blue, who did you book through?
That's how we booked our first time... Now, since we dive w/ Christi, she books for us. That way we just pay her, then she takes care of all the bills. :D

I used them for our up coming trip. Quick responses to emails. The price is good too. You can also pay with a credit card, something that can be slightly difficult to do on the island.

I don't know if you have a dive operator selected, but the package price for a room and diving with Blue Angel is pretty good to. When asking for a price quote, you can ask for it with and without the diving included.

We used Travelnotes the first time we stayed at Caribe Blu. Jidan at Travel Notes is fantastic. The next time we went, we booked direct with Jeannie at Blu Angel Divers, the onsite dive op at Caribe Blu. Here's a heads up: If you pre-book your dives with Travel Notes and then don't make them, there is no refund for the dives missed. If you add dives, you will pay the walk-in rate for those dives. If you book thru Jeannie at Blu Angel Divers and have a dive/stay package, if you miss a dive, you'll get a refund. If you add dives, you will pay the package rate for all dives made.

Have fun. We love Caribe Blu and Blu Angel Divers. Jidan too.

Sandra

Sandra,

Thanks so much! Jidan is the one that replied to my inquiry!!! We are going to book through him but not with the diving package. We will be using a different dive op for this trip.

Thanks again!
Michelle

sandrascuba:
We used Travelnotes the first time we stayed at Caribe Blu. Jidan at Travel Notes is fantastic. The next time we went, we booked direct with Jeannie at Blu Angel Divers, the onsite dive op at Caribe Blu. Here's a heads up: If you pre-book your dives with Travel Notes and then don't make them, there is no refund for the dives missed. If you add dives, you will pay the walk-in rate for those dives. If you book thru Jeannie at Blu Angel Divers and have a dive/stay package, if you miss a dive, you'll get a refund. If you add dives, you will pay the package rate for all dives made.

Have fun. We love Caribe Blu and Blu Angel Divers. Jidan too.

Sandra

They are reputable, and have been at it for a while. I've been a member of their message board for several years now, and have never heard anyone complain about booking with them. Their reviews speak for themselves. However I do believe that if you book with Jidan, you'll be booking with her, not him...:D

I also booked a room through them and when we decided to postpone our trip after "Wilma", there were no problems getting a refund. Jidan was great!

Back
Top Bottom