Anyone used the Gull Mew Fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BLD_THRST

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am planning to get the Gull Mew Full Foot Fin. Its all natural rubber and from the few instructors I have seen using them, the feedback was good. Anyone here have used them and wats your feedback on this fin?

For those who aren't familiar with these fins, see:

http://www.gull-msc.co.jp/fin/mew.html

They have two other lines in rubber full-foot fins, Barracuda and Warp.

I wish we had access here in Europe to Gull fins. The Japanese manufacturer has kept to a tried and tested design and produced the fins in a wide variety of colours, including pink and white. Emails with enquiries about the fins to stockists in Japan, sadly, go unanswered and others on this forum have experienced the same distribution problem.

So Gull fins are on sale in Malaysia?

David Wilson:
For those who aren't familiar with these fins, see:

http://www.gull-msc.co.jp/fin/mew.html

They have two other lines in rubber full-foot fins, Barracuda and Warp.

I wish we had access here in Europe to Gull fins. The Japanese manufacturer has kept to a tried and tested design and produced the fins in a wide variety of colours, including pink and white. Emails with enquiries about the fins to stockists in Japan, sadly, go unanswered and others on this forum have experienced the same distribution problem.

So Gull fins are on sale in Malaysia?

Yea, I recently saw it here and did not know it existed until i saw a few DMs wearing them.... not many shops have it though..... I'm getting the white one cause its unique and more visible..... :D

David Wilson:
>I'm getting the white one cause its unique and more visible.....

That's the colour I wanted too when I tried, in vain, to order a pair by email!

I jus got mine today.... Tried them on and jus loved them..... cant wait to try them on for a weekend dive next week... yea yea!!

have u tried ebay?

They are very popular among divers here, especially female divers due to the various colors that Gulls' fins come with.

I do keep an eye on ebay and once a pair of Gull fins did come up, but I was outbid by somebody prepared to pay much more than the fins would have cost new! Occasionally AQA Dolphin fins appear on ebay too. They are made by the same company. I was in Japan back in summer 2000, but there weren't any Gull Mew fins in the shops I visited during my stay in Kyoto.

It's strange that such attractive fins with markings in English aren't sold in the English-speaking world. Although Apollo Bio fins are also made in Japan, they by way of contrast are widely available in the West.

David Wilson:
I do keep an eye on ebay and once a pair of Gull fins did come up, but I was outbid by somebody prepared to pay much more than the fins would have cost new! Occasionally AQA Dolphin fins appear on ebay too. They are made by the same company. I was in Japan back in summer 2000, but there weren't any Gull Mew fins in the shops I visited during my stay in Kyoto.

It's strange that such attractive fins with markings in English aren't sold in the English-speaking world. Although Apollo Bio fins are also made in Japan, they by way of contrast are widely available in the West.

Will let you know how the fin goes when i go for my dive next weekend... hope u find one too.... :D

For me they seem a little floppy. Gull fins are quite popular with the female divers in Taiwan not because of fuctionality but rather all of the pretty colors. I guess you gotta look good diving.

Back
Top Bottom