Anyone used a Zeagle Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kramynot2000

Reaction score
I just finished a DIRF class in Sacramento and as is typical, I'm looking to change from my Zeagle Ranger to a BP & Wings. Of course the problem is $$$$. So, I checked the Zeagle website and they are selling a BP which will take any Zeagle wing. Does anyone have any experience with this plate? If not, can I put my Ranger wing on a traditional (FredT, Halcyon, etc.) backplate?

I'm really looking for an inexpensive way to transition to the BP & Wings setup and I figure if I can get the BP now and use my Zeagle wing and then when I get a few more $$$ I can then purchase a double wing to mount on the plate.

Thanks
Tony

i'm not familiar with the Zeagle line of wings. Does it have the standard grommet holes in the back to mount to the backplate?
If so, I would recommend asking a diver with a backplate to measure it up against. If you don't have that option, take it to a shop that carries the Halcyon, OMS, and/or Diverite lines and measure it up there. If there's a good deal on a plate at the shop, snab it. If it seems a little pricey, check out the plates from Gary Hoadley, Fred T, or do a search on it in the boards cause I now there's a few more. I use a Hoadley plate right now and I love it. For singles I use the OMS singles adapter and of course it takes doubles. Also Hoadley and others are making the STA-less backplates with slots for use with cam bands and the wings that accomodate them through the center section of the wing. Good luck.

Ooohhh just noticed it. Stay away from the double wings and the bungied wings of death for that matter. :D

I have both Zeagle Ranger & Halcyon Pioneer MC System.

Don't think you can use Ranger wing on Halcyon plate: -

1.) Ranger wing uses triglide install 'around' the inner part of the wing to attach to Ranger harness... no grommet for you to install the wing on to the plate.

2.) Ranger wing not exactly suitable for diving with either single or double using BP as the wing willl 'float' up without using those quick release clip currently installed on the upper pocket of the BC

3.) There are grommets on the Ranger harness, but the grommet dimension are not the same for Halcyon wings

I too share the same $$$ problem as you, still can't get rid of my Ranger ;-0

you could Ebay the ranger and get the $$ for a wing. Look on this board (fred T) for a plate or ebay(Gary Hoardy). Buy the webbing and D-rings yourself.

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom