Anyone use JOTO Underwater Cell Phone Case?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaijinsan

Registered
Reaction score
EDIT: I totally wasn't thinking about the crush factor at 30M. Water may not leak in but I think the phone would be destroyed. This idea won't work.

I have one of the JOTO Underwater cell phone cases, they are supposed to be certified to 30M/100FT underwater. I've used it a lot while swimming with a phone in it but haven't dived with a phone in it. I did dive using it for my money, credit cards, and car keys in Guam, but it was only a 10 meter dive because of a very shallow reef I was on. The car key remote didn't take any seawater so at least at that depth I'd say it's safe.

I'm curious if anyone uses one of these or something similar while diving?

I'm sure most wouldn't see any need to take your phone on a dive, so the background on this is because I'm going to be diving in Bonaire this winter. You can't leave anything at all inside your parked rental trucks but I also don't feel safe being in remote areas of the island without a phone. There are plenty of reports of the thieves stealing truck batteries occasionally though it seems that most frequently it's just sun glasses and flip flops. Obviously if the battery comes up missing, then we need to call the rental agency for a replacement.

I was surprised that there aren't any reviews of these cases at depth on Youtube or here, either positive or negative. All I can find is people who've "tested" them at snorkeling depths.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom