Anyone use a SeaLife Reefmaster Mini? Please help an idiot...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Badger Matt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok, I admit it. I'm a man, thus I have an aversion to instructions, and it took some really poor photos to get me to read them. Just as I've kown all my life -- instructions were no help at all:wink:

I took some photos in a pool; well lit and clear water.
e82e63da.jpg

We'll be Key Largo Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. What settings would you suggest (on the Reefmaster Mini) I use for 15-45 foot dives?

looks like it is a white balance issue. set your white balance to auto and that should take care of the problem. if that does not work check and make sure that the flash is firing and if you are using a strobe to taking pictures make sure the camera and the strobe are synced to one another. the way to tell if the two are synced is to take a picture of the strobe and if you get a picture of the strobe going off then they are synced. One suggestion is get as close to your subject as possible and always use the flash.

my best guess is that it is the white balance and you should try different white balance setting until you find one that works the best

Did you set the camera to "sea mode"?

^^^ What RoyN said. The mini has a "Sea" mode in its menu settings that will adjust the red color levels.

Also, once in Sea mode you can go down to the White Balance section. There will be two settings. One for <25 feet and one for deeper than 25.

Good Luck

Here is some sample shots.

2860670050101309303S425x425Q85.jpg

2151354760101309303S425x425Q85.jpg

2615817870101309303S425x425Q85.jpg

Great kelp sunburst, Roy!

Thanks guys. Your suggestions (I tried 'sea' mode but didn't fiddle with white balance) along with a pretty good guide I found on the SeaLife web-site ought to help. Regardless of how poor my results end up...I'll post pics mid week when we get back from the Keys.

Thanks. BTW -- Roy that kelp pic is incredible!!!

Looking foreward to seeing them! I have just set up an external flash on mine. Hoping to try it out today!

Hey guy,

I have no idea but if want help then you can try to checkout one site http://www.splashvision.com
.It may be helpful to you. I also surf this site whenever I want..
There are also lots of videos related water,sporting,boating,fishing,beaches, yacht,cruises,diving etc.....Don't forget to reply me..

Thanks

Thanks for the inputs folks. OK, here goes. A few of my better pics from our Key Largo trip. Critique away...
BrainCoralandStaghorn.jpg

Permit.jpg

MidnightBlueTriggerfish.jpg

BowofBenwoodWreck.jpg

Back
Top Bottom