Anyone up for some tech support? Email woes with DRIS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone-

I know this isn't a tech support website, but since there are a lot of technical people on here and this is tangentially related to diving, I figured I'd give it a shot.

Recently, I have submitted the contact form on the Dive Right in Scuba website when they weren't available. I never got replies, so I reached out to a nice staff member there via chat just to report the problem in case they were having technical issues. She was able to see the tickets on her side, and could also see replies to them (as in, replies back to me). I never got the replies.

She was kind enough to go through some testing today, so we did the following (note: vanitydomain1 and 2 are not the actual domains):
1. She responded to one of my existing tickets, which had an email at 1@vanitydomain1.com
2. I submitted a test ticket, with jake@vanitydomain1.com
3. I submitted a second test ticket, with jake@vanitydomain2.com

I didn't receive any of the replies, including in my junk folder.

Vanitydomain1.com is a hosted Exchange account with Rackspace. Vanitydomain2.com is standard email hosted with a separate company. Neither domain are listed in any of the major email domain blacklist services, and I don't have any device-level email spam/virus filtering going on.

I haven't reached out to DRIS about this further, as they probably have better things to do with their time and I feel like I'm probably missing something.

Can anyone think of a common thread between two separate domains with two different mailhosts? I can't really think of anything I'm doing wrong, but this problem was a new one to the employee so it doesn't seem like it's widespread either.

Thank you.

Incorrect implementation of SPF, DKIM and DMARC? These are mail authentication mechanisms, and many providers have started to block unauthenticated emails, which has reduced spam by 80%.

Incorrect implementation of SPF, DKIM and DMARC? These are mail authentication mechanisms, and many providers have started to block unauthenticated emails, which has reduced spam by 80%.

Presumably, that would be on the DRIS side though, right? I've never done any specific configuration in my DNS text records for those.

Jake,

I’m one of the webmasters for DRIS and the one that handles email.

I’m going to send you a PM so I can get your email addresses. I’ll be able to go through the logs and see if the emails were delivered to your providers mail servers, rejected, or just never went. Either way, I’m sure we can find the issue.

DKIM and SPF should all be good. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom