Anyone up for some tech dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, Id like to come over there and do some wrecks in the 100 - 200 depth range. I am open circuit and can bring my Trimix if needed. I was looking to connect with tech divers to see who would be up for some dives. Wrecks in Tobermory look good but I am open to others as well. Ideas and suggestions?

Thanks.

There are several choices here..for Tobermory deepest dive is on Forest City at approx.140 ft. There are other deeper wrecks around the Bruce Peninsula however you need a boat to get there. Manasoo is a cool one I did this summer at 200 ft. J.H. Jones is another one. There is also the Jodrey in Alexandria, NY. With the price of Helium these days, I am taking a break from diving trimix

There are several choices here..for Tobermory deepest dive is on Forest City at approx.140 ft. There are other deeper wrecks around the Bruce Peninsula however you need a boat to get there. Manasoo is a cool one I did this summer at 200 ft. J.H. Jones is another one. There is also the Jodrey in Alexandria, NY. With the price of Helium these days, I am taking a break from diving trimix
Is forest city A shore drive?

The only shore dives in Tobermory are the harbor tugs and max depth is about 40ft.

The only shore dives in Tobermory are the harbor tugs and max depth is about 40ft.
It’s Canada! They’re on the metric system!!!
Sheesh lol
I’m in near Detroit, so as soon as I get a valid passport, i’m down for some tech dives.

If you have a scooter you can shore dive the Niagara II, however, it's a rec dive at ~80'
anyone interested going this fall, please send me a PM love to meet new divers. Niagara is a great scooter run if you can handle the cold temperatures

That is not correct. I shore dive in Tobermory quite frequently there are multiple spots to dive if you like to see cool rocks and geological features in the shallows. Although the most iconic shipwrecks need boat access except Niagara II if you own a scooter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom