Anyone try Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art in SeaFrog salted line a6xxx flat long port?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RiReuter

New
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Sigma 105mm f/2.8 macro lens in the flat long port? Just curious if it fits. It isn't listed on their website, but the lens specs show it only being 5mm longer than the Sony 90mm Macro lens.

I don't own one, but I would be extremely surprised if it fit. The Sony 90mm lens (which I do have) comes up right against the glass. Leaving the lens cap on is enough to keep the camera from seating inside.

@Barmaglot so it works with the 90mm ? You're using it and are happy with the results?
I was debating if I should get this or just a simple 30mm macro and keep my original seafrogs case

@Barmaglot so it works with the 90mm ?
I use it with this port, which is made specifically for the 90mm: Flat long macro port 40M/130 FT

You're using it and are happy with the results?
It's a bit slow to focus, and I don't even bother trying on small stuff that moves (for example, a nudibranch that's sitting on some stalk that is swaying in the current), but otherwise I'm quite happy with it.

I was debating if I should get this or just a simple 30mm macro and keep my original seafrogs case
I have the 30mm macro and hardly ever use it; the working distance is just too short.

Thanks for your reply (here and the other thread).
I think I won't change my macro setup for now... there's not clear upgrade that would offer the same versatility as the 16-50 (and most upgrades involve carrying more gear, which I'm trying to avoid :D)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom