Anyone try Pinnacle's Elastiprene?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbutts

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been lurking around ScubaBoard for awhile, and finally figured it was time to jump in.

Has anyone tried an Elastiprene wetsuit from Pinnacle? My wife and I are looking to get 7/5 mil to stay nice and toasty this season and I wanted to tap into SB's vast knowledge before I go buy them.

I checked out the 3mil at my LDS and was impressed by the build quality and seals. Any long term experience with the overall quality of Pinnacle suits?

I'm leaning more towards the Elastiprene because I'm not sold on the Merino wool benefits, but I haven't dove either of them. Has anyone dove an Elastiprene suit? How does the warmth compare to a Merino line one?

Thanks.
Steve

I tried a 3mm on the other day and it felt as good as a Henderson Hyperstretch. And much cheaper.

I was impressed!

Jeremy

I have tried the elastiprene 7mm and the fit was great but it is not as warm as my 7/5mm pinnacle glacier.

Bananaman:
I have tried the elastiprene 7mm and the fit was great but it is not as warm as my 7/5mm pinnacle glacier.

Thanks, that's good to know.
How's the durability of your Glacier? I'm debating whether I should go with a Pinnacle that's 2x the cost of something like a 7mm Akona.

We have had the pinnacle 7/5 glacier in our rental stock for almost 2 years now and it has been flawless. They are discontinuing the glacier and replacing it with a similar design and I do beleive it will be at a lower msrp. Their 2006 suit will be posted on their web site soon. there still are a few glaciers out there for sale just call pinnacle and they will let you know who has what and where

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom