Anyone tried the new DC2000 1.03 Beta firmware?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landau

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It is posted on the Sealife site, lots of changes but unfortunately no raw speedup mentioned.

This one interests me - but I have no dives between now and a tropical trip in 10 days to test the new firmware underwater.

"LCD display maintains live view when starting video recording"

Looks like some nice updates. Will look more closely over the next few days and decide whether or not to do them before we head out in 3 weeks.

Do you have the link to the notification on the Sealife site?

Thank you!

They need to make their website consistent - I didn't notice the Firmware link, but went to the Technical Support > Troubleshooting and Product Updates> DC2000 page and found a reference (Note 1), about a 1.01 upgrade in May 2017.

I was expecting to find all of the updates there...

Add “Bluetooth On/Off” setting is something I like, and will switch to the off position.

Maybe they'll improve the speed of the RAW recording later. I hope.

OK, updated to 1.03 from 1.01. Experienced no problems with the download or installation. The one feature that convinced me to give it an early (beta) try was the ability to set the White Balance to match my strobes. Worked like a champ. No problems in use and the photos seem to have good White Balance before any corrections.

Focus and ISO (and all of the other) settings stayed saved even after a 30 second battery removal.
AE and AF Lock worked in a quick test, but did not use for actual shooting.
Flash White Balance worked great. Mine are 5000K per mfr and this is pretty spot on in the shots taken.
Pre Flash On/Off - Turned it off and it stayed off.
USB Mode - Set to Mass Storage for PC and it showed up fine. No issues with downloads or file transfers.
Bluetooth On/Off - Yes...OFF. Didn't use enough to know how much battery was saved if any and never had previously experienced the wake up problems.
Apply EV to Video - Didn't use this, but the EV settings are pretty easy.
LCD Live View - Didn't do any video to test this.
Microphone On/Off for Video - Didn't test, but setting is easy.
White Balance for HDR and Time Lapse - Didn't test.

So, no problems and a clean install. One vote for giving it a go. If you're going on your trip next weekend, you may want to take the 1.01 file with you as a backup, but zero problems so far.

Thanks for being the 'beta tester'. ;-)

It sounds like they've done a good job.

Being able to set the White Balance to match my strobes was enough to get me to give it a try. Now all they need to do is update the processing to make RAW usable.

Loaded this yesterday. Makes video recording much better. No black screen for 5 seconds after pressing the record video button. About 1 second of lag before recording starts.

Also raw seems a bit faster. Maybe 4 seconds instead of 5 after taking a shot but still 10 times too long.

Hopefully improved in future firmware. HEY SEALIFE PLEASE SPEED UP RAW. I’d even take a setting for just raw and no jpeg if it helped. I always shoot raw only on my above water DSLR

Back
Top Bottom