Anyone tried the generic CaliHutt 12Ah In a blacktip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryebrye

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I see on Amazon that CaliHutt has 12 Ah batteries - they are currently $124 each.

If they are close to 12 Ah, that's not a bad price.

Before I picked some up I figured I'd check if anyone here has tried them out and make sure they fit etc.

I didn't see any pictures with them with any kind of plastic cap like the DeWalts have so they probably aren't airline friendly, but other than that they might be fine generic clones.

Friend had a set, they didn't perform well for our typical dives. Typical dive that would use 0-1 bars on the dewalts used 2 of 3 bars on the budget batteries.

EDIT: Just read the part where you mentioned using a blacktip, we tried them in a Sierra as well as Cuda 400.

Probobly better off with a pair of 9ah dewalts. 250-300 for a pair

Yeah, makes sense - anyone tried the DeWalt XR 10Ah batteries? They aren't flexvolt, so no fly-on-a-plane cap for them, but they are a bit cheaper than even the 9Ah FlexVolts.

I think they look like they are lighter than the flexvolts - DCB210 is the dewalt part number.

If the DCB210 performs better than the DCB609, they are easy to find on the secondary market because they get bundled with lawnmowers etc and people are happy to sell them cheap (at least locally)

Yeah, makes sense - anyone tried the DeWalt XR 10Ah batteries? They aren't flexvolt, so no fly-on-a-plane cap for them, but they are a bit cheaper than even the 9Ah FlexVolts. I think they look like they are lighter than the flexvolts - DCB210 is the dewalt part number. If the DCB210 performs better than the DCB609, they are easy to find on the secondary market because they get bundled with lawnmowers etc and people are happy to sell them cheap (at least locally)

Lower current rating than the 9ah packs, there's been a few people that have tried them with mixed results.

9amp Waitleys are what I've been using for the last year with great success (granted I built a 2x2 battery tray that fits 4 of them into my standard body sierra, 9/12 flexvolts would not fit the way I did things). Next will be a 2x4 tray to put 8 packs into the long body I have sitting in the garage:yeahbaby:

Attachments

• IMG_20210528_141354674.jpg
    IMG_20210528_141354674.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 51
9amp Waitleys are what I've been using for the last year with great success (granted I built a 2x2 battery tray that fits 4 of them into my standard body sierra, 9/12 flexvolts would not fit the way I did things). Next will be a 2x4 tray to put 8 packs into the long body I have sitting in the garage:yeahbaby:

That looks amazing. I'm guessing it's too big to fit something like that into a blacktip tech?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom