anyone still using the smartcom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
picking one up since it is still in incredible shape...thoughts?

Hosemount or wrist with transmitter? I have seen a tremendous number of the hosemount ones fail, mainly due to operator error. 1 drop of water in the QD renders the machine a hunk of junk. If I had one still, I'd take the QD off and run the hose directly into the computer if possible.

It's a pain to send them back for new batteries every year. I just sent in 2 of my SmartPro computers.

Is it an easy conversion to remove the QD and run it straight into the console?

No idea. That thing has an internal o-ring in the QD that is a major pain to change. What I used to tell folks on the boat was to hook it up before arrival and never undo it until you were home again and it was dry.

It is a great computer, I use the SmartPro for rentals on my boat.

No idea. That thing has an internal o-ring in the QD that is a major pain to change. What I used to tell folks on the boat was to hook it up before arrival and never undo it until you were home again and it was dry.

It is a great computer, I use the SmartPro for rentals on my boat.
that was my thought after you posted...thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom