Anyone shooting a DSLR TTL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm interested in hearing results from those that are using iTTL, or eTTL (Canon/Nikon) with the ikelite housing.

I'm anticipating getting a D200 UW, maybe by my next vacation.. We shall see if the housing is available, and if I can afford all the STUFF I would need :D

So I'm interested in hearing, or better yet seeing some results from the Ikelite TTL setup, and also how well it's working. Flash TTL works rather well in a LOT of situations, and it's NOT all that hard to predict when it will not (this is TOPSIDE).

I'm very interested in hearing how well it works UW. I just purchased a strobe that will NOT currently support TTL, but I may have the opportunity to update it to TTL.

Hi Ron, I shoot with a D70 with dual Ike DS-125s and the iTTL Ike housing. I don't always shoot in TTL, but it is quite handy when I go tropical diving. Locally, I usually set it manual as I really need as much output as possible with the limited viz we have here. Much of my local shooting is of wrecks, so my distance to subject be further than optimal at times. But down south, it seems to work pretty decently.

Have a look through my tropical pictures from my Blackbeard's trip in August 2005. They were mostly shot with iTTL on. The Cozumel pictures posted there were done with my Oly C5050, disregard those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom