Anyone pre-ordered the DiveRite O2ptima?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the Optima. Greatest thing on it in my opinion are the electronics for sure. I like all the options, the deco capability, the easy battery stuff. The production unit looks great. The price is not bad neither for what you get. I like the option of alm, ss plates or transpack, eay to chaneg wings or squeeze in double wings if you want to use them. For fun diving I go on either the Optima or the Meg, how ever I feel at that moment of time.

The biggest problem I have with the cartridges is the availability in a place like Mexico. It is hard enough for me to get Draegersorb to teach Draegers, Sofnolime or Sodarob big grain for any other SCR and then Sofnolime or Sodasorb small grain for any CCR or deeper stuff. It does take quite some time and coin for me to order it, ship it, import it, transport it and the finally use or sell it. You may imagine how that goes down onto the retail prices ... and then on top I have to do the same for the cartidges. Sure, we can do it all but it would be a little easyer for me long way off if either all dive cartridges or all dive kitty litter.

Matt
www.protecdiving.com

mattmexico:
We can do it all but it would be a little easier for me, being a long way off the beaten path, if either all of us dive cartridges or we all dive kitty litter.

Matt
www.protecdiving.com

:lol3: I don't doubt that, Matt, but I think you are going to have a tough time selling that to the manufacturers.

Rob

Unfortunatly yes, and if I had some say in it I probably would like the kitty litter
Matt
www.protecdiving.com

new pics:

front-1.jpg

leftrear-4.jpg

handset-6%20copy.jpg

mattmexico:
Yo there

We have been diving two pre-production Optima's since February this year and came across a couple of issues which have all been addressed and solved in the current to come out productin unit. The tank isse I addressed while changing from the blockbusters to 13 cft steel tanks from my Movie Meg. It got me much more horizontal in the water and addressed my back pain issue satisfactory. I tried to mount some of my Inspiration tank on it but they are a little to long ...

We developed as well some pre and post dive check sheets, not to forget a thing or three in a rush. See how you like them and let me know what you would change, they should be attached.

Matt
www.protecdiving.com

Matt,
On your checklist you need to update the battery times.. They are acceptable (I usually have my guys change them when they change the scrubber - since the discharge curvre of alkaline cells is steep at the end) if you are using standard alkaline cells but if you use saft ls14500 (3.6v cells) cells you get incredibly longer times... I usually get at least 2 WEEKS of diving every day from a set before I just can them (still working), my last set I canned after THREE weeks and they were still operating fine..

I probably have more time on the various versions of the HH out there than anyone else, so I know my battery times are ok.. I was still doing better than 1 week on some rev b units that had battery drain issues and never had a problem (I did run to 2 weeks on a few sets without any issues)..

The new rev C units (with digital transducer) will need to have run times re-evaluated..

Yep

I changed over to the 3.6 volts a couple of month ago after purchasing some on the intenet, and they are really a world apart. Since using them the AA alkalines are in as spares in a pinch for one dive.

Matt
www.protecdiving.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom