Anyone own a Pinnacle Elasta Stretch wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carrie, do you mean the Elastiprene 3mm?

I got that for Christmas. There was a whole thread . . . I'm sorry, I unsubscribed. I can tell you that I have a 5mm bare shorty that I not only dove with, but swam every day for six months, and the Bare is in way better condition than the Pinnacle.

First, the Pinnacle seems too long in the torso -- and I have a long torso! That means I have a lot of water sloshing around my waste, which is darned chilly for a while.

Second, the Pinnacle neck seems to be too high - I constantly feel like I am being choked at the front.

Third, all of the seams on the pinnacle (inside) have the stitching 'secured' by an iron-on or glue on patch. My dive buddy threw it in the dryer just like we always do with our Bares, and the little patches came off. I got most ironed back on, but some did not.

Around the zipper and in the seams that didn't have a patch, the threads began to come out. Silly me, I didn't react right away to put some silicone on. When in the washer, a thread got caught in a towel or something, and the whole seam came unraveled when I pulled the wetsuit out.

Mind you, I've been putting wetsuits into our front load washer on 'delicate' cold wash for years. This Pinnacle just fell apart in what our other 6 year or older suits handle quite nicely.

Lastly - because I use this suit for swimming laps almost daily, as I did my Bare shorty - I have wear spots showing on all the places where I move. Again, my 8-year-old Bare shorty doesn't have squat for problems.

Pros - the seals do a good job of keeping water in place so once your body warms it, it stays warm. I do love that about it.

I've never owned a Pinnacle. I'm partial to Hendersons, but they are over her budget. This is the wetsuit I was looking at, Elasta Stretch 3MM Womens Wetsuit reviews and discounts, ScubaToys.
I'm not sure what an elastiprene is, but this one is definatly called an Elasta Stretch. I searched the forums and could only find one post on this suit.

I've never owned a Pinnacle. I'm partial to Hendersons, but they are over her budget. This is the wetsuit I was looking at, Elasta Stretch 3MM Womens Wetsuit reviews and discounts, ScubaToys.
I'm not sure what an elastiprene is, but this one is definatly called an Elasta Stretch. I searched the forums and could only find one post on this suit.

Carrie, your OP said it was a Pinnacle. The link calls it a "Elasta Stretch 3mm wetsuit ". This is not the Pinnacle; I know nothing about it.

Did you see the Pinnacle logo on the front of the suit?

No, actually, I couldn't tell. Perhaps it is what replaced the Elastiprene.

My bad! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom