Anyone own a Deep Outdoors bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for a good travel bag and can get a great deal on a Deep Outdoors bag. Does anyone have one or have any thoughts on them?

I almost grabbed one on a "great deal" the other day. New, on the floor of the LDS.

I opened it up - and there was a stamp on the yellow interior (under all the air bags and crapola that made it look purdy on the floor) that said it was a "second" and not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

the bag looked great to me - I mean, after a cursory look-over I saw nothing obvious that made it a second.... but if I'm paying that much for a bag (even at the smokin' deal) it better come with at least the factory warranty.

Be sure to check inside.

Aside from that - they seem to make really tough, durable stuff.

I just bought a Stahlsac.

K

I used....please note the verb tense....to use Pelican cases. But since the airports and the local gestapo there have gotten over paranoid and the airlines are now looking for every way to make a dime......and they charge more if your luggage has dive gear in it....I have gone to a BUM (brand name) bag. They are pretty durable and shaped kinda like an old army duffle bag only they have a big zipper versus through the top entry. Plus, they have big pockets all over the place.

I have also found a tupperware like tough plastic container that I can put my bcd and a couple of other items in and then put that into the BUM bag. Nothing screams dive gear...steal me...or charge more....and it is pretty protected from the baggage apes.

Since using that I have had no problems and no extra charges. I still carry on board my regs, computer and emptied and plugged pony bottle but have had no problems with that.
Good luck.

Well i am ssuming the deal I am getting is legit becuase I already bought a Matrix moduler bc from the same person at a much disconted price.

I'll confess that I liked the DO gear bag when I saw it. The one thing that keeps me from buying it is that it simply screams "SCUBA GEAR--PLEASE STEAL ME!"

cstreu1026 once bubbled...
I am looking for a good travel bag and can get a great deal on a Deep Outdoors bag. Does anyone have one or have any thoughts on them?

I recently purchased Little John bag which is probably you saw the deal on if it's a factory second. It's a pretty good bag I am a Divemaster who works with classes and I am in the water at least two nights a week and it's help up to my abuse pretty well so far. There is another bag that is in the same price range as the Little John called The Waterman and that thing is MONSTROUS!! That one does come with the lifetime warranty available on Deep Outdoors bags and it's the same MSRP as the Little John. I hope this helps some.

I am looking at the tropical traveler, borego and proud mary. I am looking for a bag to take on vacations.

cstreu1026 once bubbled...
I am looking at the tropical traveler, borego and proud mary. I am looking for a bag to take on vacations.

The Proud Mary is a NICE bag it's more a chest than anything else. The Wet/Compartments are a nice feature and it seems sturdy as hell. It has the lifetime warranty as well which is always a plus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom