Anyone knows what happend to Dave Sutton?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JonnyB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
He hasnt updated his site in over a year. Isnt he active anymore?

Regards
jonny

I think he is diving rather than computing.

He is still active on the rebreather list.

JonnyB:
He hasnt updated his site in over a year. Isnt he active anymore?

Regards
jonny

He's still around just been busy as all get out, I'm trying to coax him into hanging out at our booth at BTS but we still haven't nailed his schedule down

Welcome to Scubaboard, good of you to stop by.

that the Little Diveshop of Horrors is still running.

Maybe we should sneak someone in there with a video camera to document the action?

sounds as a very good idea.
Welcome to scubaboard Dave
/jonny

I'll take the right!

Hi Dave! Welcome!

I just sent you a email regarding a green vs. black o2 tank.

Dave:

There was a post on another site, by a Dave Sutton, re: the deaths of commercial divers Gottula and Akana. Was that you?

I was a diver at Santa Fe, and worked with both Roger and Paul, circa 1980, out of the Houma La, office. Just remembered the accident that took their lives, today, and found your comments on tmishop.com. I believe that I left the company shortly before the accident that took their lives, and heard about it from a fellow diver, Dan Rohe, who also worked at Santa Fe. It was my understanding that both divers were fed pure helium, instead of mixed gas, at some point during the dive, while Paul was locked out and working on the well head. I don't know what helmets they were wearing, but Santa Fe did use the Swindell semi closed circuit rigs, for surface jumps, but do not know if used them for bell diving.
Did we work together at Santa Fe? I don't remember your name, but then I don't remember most of the names of the other divers I worked with there. I do remember Billy Fissette, whom I also worked with at Oceaneering International. Paul was a tender when I first worked at Santa Fe. On many dives, he was in the bell, when I came up from a mixed gas dive. I transferred from the open bottom bell, to the diving bell he was in, to aid in my transfer to the decompression chamber on deck, to complete my decompression on O2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom