Anyone know where I can buy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Superlyte27

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I need 2 400' long Umbilicals. One of them has to have Coms, Pneumo, 3/8" Air, & Video. The other one just needs Coms, Air, Pneumo.

I could use a cheap Comm Box too.

For something closer, you could try Richard at High Tech Diving & Safety in Punta Gorda. They build umbilicals to whatever specs you want.

Was hoping to find USED gear, but not looking promising. I figured with all the companies going out of business I should be able to find something. Ebay used to have tons a few months ago, but wasn't sure I wanted to make the plunge. Oh well. I got a few months, something might turn up. Thanks for getting back with me.

You could also check with some of the commercial schools, some of them routinely swap out a percentage of their gear every year. The Navy does the same thing and you can get some really great deals on used equipment this way. I outfitted my commercial school in British Columbia with surplus Navy gear, much of it was new with the labels still on it. In Canada, a new yearly budget starts on 01 April, so it's a perfect time to buy.

Check Divers Supply, Inc. - They have used stuff. Their umbilical prices were around $6 a foot for 3 part braided.

Comms... Buy cheap comms... you get cheap comms. Don't skimp on communications. :wink:

divers supply is the cheapest around. about 2.20 a foot for gates 33hb and pnemo is cheap to. i use them a lot they can bulid you a costom umbillical all tested or you can buld it your self and just get the parts. I would be carefull getting a hose off ebay some of it is just old sh*t some guy found in there back yard or some one trying to pass off junk as breathing air hose. As for comm boxes I got an OTS for a good deal from ebay. good luck

You could always "roll your own". Same goes for the com box or even a rack.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom