Anyone know these guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Jim Wyatt

Hanging at the 10 Foot Stop
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
First off, it's not easy to get work right now, so good on him for getting out there and finding some. I've never worked for them, my old roommate worked for them for about a year, and did a bit of SAT diving for them. He left at the end of last year because he was concerned for his safety. There's also an incident that occurred there a couple of years ago...

Explosion in Gulf injures six | NOLA.com

The article doesn't go into very specific details about why the explosion occurred. What I was told was that they were flushing pipelines and had run out of cutting boxes and had made the decision to use the voids of the vessel itself to store the hydrocarbons and water coming from the pipe.

I can't say anything about them from personal experience, this is all second hand, but my impression is that there are safer companies to work for. Sorry for not being able to give you better news about them. Not saying he can't learn a lot working there, they do all kinds of work.

Back
Top Bottom