anyone know if you can upgrade funjet flights to coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d56nut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

Does anyone know if FunJet flights are upgradeable?

Thinking about purchasing the Chicago to Cozumel direct flight on United through FunJet for 299.00 (plus taxes).

We have a United Mileage Plus account. We have enough miles to upgrade to first class. I called United and they said I have to ask FunJet if it is an upgradeable ticket. I'll try making some phone calls tomorrow but figured someone here might know the answer.

Thanks!
Michelle

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still up, too! It's 3:15 AM here....gotta love the midnight shift! I called the toll free number and I was told that I needed to call back after 8:00 AM Central Time because they didn't know the answer. It was worth a try! Thanks!

d56nut:
Hi All,

Does anyone know if FunJet flights are upgradeable?

Thinking about purchasing the Chicago to Cozumel direct flight on United through FunJet for 299.00 (plus taxes).

We have a United Mileage Plus account. We have enough miles to upgrade to first class. I called United and they said I have to ask FunJet if it is an upgradeable ticket. I'll try making some phone calls tomorrow but figured someone here might know the answer.

Thanks!
Michelle

Hah-ha-ha-ha! Doggone that was funny! :D

Sometimes they let you upgrade from Pepsi to Coke. Sorry that was just to good to pass up. Every Funjet I have been on has been the same. Its definately a no frills flight.

parrotheaddiver:
It is Greyhound in the sky, but it is cheap and it gets you there.
This is a bit different, it is not a fully chartered plane from Funjet. It is a regularly scheduled United flight that Funjet "buys" seats on.

There will be a 1st class section... whether it is available to Funjet costomers remains to be seen. I'm guessing that regular United customers will get the 1st crack at it.

However... Last time I took United (I bought through Funjet) I went up to ask for new seat assignments. The agent printed out 6 tickets for me and someone else standing there. He told me if i could guess if my tickets were on top or bottom of the stack i would be upgraded for free. I guessed wrong. :censored:!!! I'm not sure if anyone got those seats, all I know is it wasn't me!

Let us know what you find out Michelle.

D56NUT - (I fly about 30k on United annually)

I would....

1) get the record locator (ticket number) from funjet for your reservation.

2) call United Mileage Plus, and ask if you can upgrade, and if they have any available. If you have a tix on any united flight, it can be upgraded (although it might cost you more miles) if you are an MP member.

3) Have fun flying first class on my way to Cozumel.

The upgrade is at the check in counter on the day of departure. The upgrade may cost you more than the standard rate. You are not upgrading from standard coach with a funjet ticket. Funjet gets bulk rate tickets so it is like a two step upgrade to first class. Even though it is Funjet you are on a UNITED flight which has the standard seat configuration and space. The leg room will be more than if it were a charter airline like Ryan or Transmeridian. At 299 what are you waiting for
YOU GO GIRL

Nancy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom