Anyone know Beaches? Tips on finding babysitter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tucxie

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I am thinking about going to Beaches resort in Turks and Caicos. I need someone to take care of my 1 year old while I am diving. Is it a place you would recommend? Any other suggestion on resort or way to find someone to watch my little one?
Thanks,
Mary

I'd check with your resort to see if they have some sort of program or a resort employee that does this (for paid fee).

The reason I say this is that I wouldn't let my 1 year old with just some "random" that is suggested or let them take the child off the resort property.

Considering a 1 year old doesn't know who they are, if they get off the property and something happens, there is no way for the kid to say who they are or where mommy is, etc. that a a good healthy baby goes for good money in other countries.

Beaches has an in-house daycare for babies. That's why we selected it. However, we have no clue if the resort is nice and if the diving is going to be nearly worth it. Gush, it was so much easier when we were just sleeping in the tent or in some random hotel along the coast... LOL
Mary

Mary, having travelled with my kids since they were born I have one word for you: nanny. Bring a teen-ager to watch the baby. Most 15-17 year old girls will work for the price of the ticket. It costs more but adds so much to the vacation. You can dive, go to dinner, lay on the beach, etc. without the constant worry of tending to a wee one. BTW the dive op at Beaches is not so hot. You may want to consider a la carte diving with Caicos Adventures. It won't be included in your package but it sure beats where you end going with the resort op.

I initially was looking into the Beaches Resort for the same reason (kids camp) along w/it being an All Inclusive. It seems there are far better hotels. I'm working with Caicos Adventures on a package price at a hotel called the Regent Palms. I'll let you know.

The Beaches Dive Op is a joke. Listen to Tim..outsource. Caicos Adv is good...also check out Wayne over at Good Vibes.

Back
Top Bottom