Anyone know a place who can do hydro/VIP/stumble + rated?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rnln

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an old 72 steal tank with a + from previous. Many people suggest to find a fire protection place but most places I called, either I can't talk to a tech or the tech doesn't have experience on scuba tank. Does anyone know a place in OC who can do it?
Thanks.

Thanks Galt,
Some people here mentioned that they don't do the + anymore.

thought it was first five years only that tank could be + rated,also made of steel and tested somebody advise

thought it was first five years only that tank could be + rated,also made of steel and tested somebody advise

I had an lp95 that was + rated, done again so I know it's possible to get another + rating as long as each hydro has had it. It was done by OC scuba in Tustin but they have since closed down. I'm not sure who they sent out to.

Not true. Need to ask but they can requalify if they have the REE #. Some tanks like my LP50s have it stamped on them. Other tanks like old 72s you can possibly find it on SB. I know there were some old threads...

My LP50s had a hydro through my local shop, Ocean Safari Scuba in San Gabriel, about 6 mos ago and they got another plus rating. My shop sends them to a hydro facility that serves LA County, but I forget the name of that facility. They will deal directly with the diver, I think, but I like to let my shop get the business and it's more convenient for me anyway.

I also had sent out a few Worthington HP 100s for hydro over the past year, that have some issue with being hydro tested where they must follow a pretest procedure or the tanks may fail. I was really nervous about that, but the hydro shop probably sees those tanks all the time. I sent along the bulletin with my tanks (just in case) and they passed just fine.

I had an lp95 that was + rated, done again so I know it's possible to get another + rating as long as each hydro has had it. It was done by OC scuba in Tustin but they have since closed down. I'm not sure who they sent out to.

OC scuba in Tustin closed down? Really?

Not true. Need to ask but they can requalify if they have the REE #. Some tanks like my LP50s have it stamped on them. Other tanks like old 72s you can possibly find it on SB. I know there were some old threads...

My LP50s had a hydro through my local shop, Ocean Safari Scuba in San Gabriel, about 6 mos ago and they got another plus rating. My shop sends them to a hydro facility that serves LA County, but I forget the name of that facility. They will deal directly with the diver, I think, but I like to let my shop get the business and it's more convenient for me anyway.

I also had sent out a few Worthington HP 100s for hydro over the past year, that have some issue with being hydro tested where they must follow a pretest procedure or the tanks may fail. I was really nervous about that, but the hydro shop probably sees those tanks all the time. I sent along the bulletin with my tanks (just in case) and they passed just fine.

May I ask what bulletin you are talking about?
Thanks.

Thanks runsongas

I am sorry guys, I looked in those links but can't find anything on my tank (3AA2250 nor 05/66). Can someone help to confirm?
Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_1882.JPG
    IMG_1882.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 39
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom