Anyone kayak diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps the path of least resistance would be to talk to the Audubon folks and ask nicely about access to East Point. If anything, paying their $48 membership fee should open the doors (Membership | Mass Audubon Membership Benefits). Let us know what you find out.

---------- Post Merged at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Actually, it looks like you can get in for $5 as a non-member: http://www.massaudubon.org/Nature_Connection/Sanctuaries/Eastern_Point/index.php

As far as I know, the only way to get anywhere near the breakwater to paddle out to the Poling is by trespassing the Mass Audubon property leading to it. I would be interested to find out how one can get permission to get there.

I've gone diving there numerous times and grew up in the area. During the on season (Memorial Day to Labor Day I believe) you can park in the parking lot for a nominal fee and there is a little "beach" at the base of the breakwater.

Hey guys,
Does anyone have an interest in kayak diving the Poling next Saturday (8/4) in the a.m.? It looks like Oceancurrent has figured out we can launch from the lighthouse, on the harbor side of the breakwater. Then it is about a 1 mile paddle to the GPS of the wreck, where we should be able to tie in to the mooring ball.
And maybe a 2nd tank around the breakwater...

-Scott

Hey guys,
Does anyone have an interest in kayak diving the Poling next Saturday (8/4) in the a.m.? It looks like Oceancurrent has figured out we can launch from the lighthouse, on the harbor side of the breakwater. Then it is about a 1 mile paddle to the GPS of the wreck, where we should be able to tie in to the mooring ball.
And maybe a 2nd tank around the breakwater...

-Scott

Any chance of making it Sunday?

If I were you, I'd see if I can launch on the ocean side of the breakwater - much shorter paddle.

Back
Top Bottom